Dollywood or Ripley's Aquarium

Just got back from a class trip to these two places (plus several others) where we got a behind the scenes tour to learn how they operate. We then got to go "play" (we got in free). I just wondered how others feel about these two places of commercial recreation.

MaryWolfe

Asked by MaryWolfe at 8:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in

• I liked Dollywood. I didn't think the Aquarium was that big a deal, not compared to other Aquariums I have been to. I though it was overpriced for what was offered. And what's the deal in Gatlinburg area, that it's almost impossible to buy a ticket for just one place? All of them seem to be connected and you have to buy a combination ticket because that's all they offer? Didn't like that at all. Plus the sales tax was very high, so that made souvenirs, etc. more expensive.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I like them both, but Dollywood if I could only choose one. You can make a day of it if you want, where the aquarium would be done in a short amount of time. It's been over 5 years since I went to either though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Dollywood
    crazymomof2374

Answer by crazymomof2374 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• DollyWood
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Dollywood! It's an all day thing and with the aquarium, you are in and out in under 2 hours ... but at the aquarium, they offer military discount so we can get tickets for 3.99 a piece! So why not do both? lol
    sgt.youngs.wife

Answer by sgt.youngs.wife at 11:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i would go with the aquarium
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Ripley's
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Aquarium
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i never been to either but wouldnt mind going
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Dollywood
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

Next question in
wyr have cake or pie

Next question overall (Shopping)
verizon?