• In the Spotlight:

pro-life semi trailers????? con't

i want to know if anyone has ever heard of such a thing????? and my personal opinion is that a 7 year or any child on the road at that time should not have had to be exposed to a pro-life ad in such a manner. this is the reason why abortion is such a touchy subject and why it always gets taken to the extreme. what do you all think...

NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Asked by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would expose a child to such propaganda deliberately and call it "truth". Such a person, to me, does not deserve to be a parent. Even if the propaganda were true, which it is NOT, it is highly inappropriate for children. Would you take them to watch someone being put to death? Is that not part of the "truth" of our country? How about taking them to see child molesters in action? That's part of the "truth" too. What a completely ignorant thing to say..."You don't want them to know the truth..." and "ignorance is bliss???" I fear for your children, that's for certain...and I cannot imagine what else you expose them to in the name of "truth". It's disgusting.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• huh? what are you talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I mean, it' just like a pro life bumber sticker. The sad fact is, that we live in a society that kids are going to learn about things, Would you rather them hear them from another 7 year old friend what an abortion is or from you, his mother, informing him what a horrible thing it is and helping him to form moral decisions about life chllenges. I like the semis/ Private truck owners can put whatever they want on their trucks. Rock on truckers!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You don't want a child "exposed to pro-life"? You don't want them to know the truth of what is happening in this country? Abortion is extreme...as is murder in any form. It's not a neat little solution to a bothersome problem. It's not a visit to the doctor for a miracle cure. It's not open-minded. It's not tolerant. It's taking a life in a vicious, violent manner. People need to wake up and realize how sick, disgusting and terrible it is. That's the point of these ads. What about the baby's feelings as it's being ripped to pieces and torn from the womb that was meant to protect it? Ever consider that? It's REALITY and it's LEGAL. If you don't want your child exposed to it, do everything you can to make sure it becomes illegal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Those pictures are fake propaganda. No, I don't want to see photos that claim to be real for dramatic effect to stun, shock and shame people to believing the way they do.

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Like those who lived near the concentration camps---ignorance is bliss???? DO you know when the camps were liberated, many of the close residents were made to walk through and see what they allowed in their midst???    What is the difference between an adult woman "being cut up" and an infant baby girl? Only age and place of residence. I have not seen these trucks. I thought it was the little signs that say, "It is a child, not a choice." But look at what we allow in television----holy cow---and we are upset by a truck!!!! Abortion is a grisly act committed on the least of our society-----and we want to make it all nice and pretty? Just because it is legal, does not make it right!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Sera---fake and propaganda???? How do you figure? Research it and you will find those pictures--they are not fabricated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have researched. The pictures are fake, created, doctored, or misrepresented (using pictures of a still born and claiming it was aborted, using pictures of a 12 week old claiming its 6 weeks). You can check if you would like - its not hard to find. If you can find one credible news source that isn't a religious or pro-life source that states otherwise. Let me know. I don't think its appropriate and no amount of drama or judgment from you will change that. And if you have to lie to make you point -- then it's a pretty weak point.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Comparing a fetus with no brain activity to a woman being cut up is not just ignorant and incorrect, it's ludicrous and deliberately misleading. But then, that's the calling card of most "pro-life" people. The majority of whom are very hypocritical in their "belief" systems, to say the least. You use any means necessary to attempt to sway people to your point of view, when the fact is, the majority of what is put out there as "truth" has very little, if any, basis in TRUTH and FACT. You are welcome to your own views on abortion: have them, love them, keep them...but don't try to push them on me or anyone else. Have the intelligence to concede that your point of view is just that...your point of view. Not anyone else's.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2008