bloody show at 36 weeks

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I had some bloody show and tons of clear, yellow mucus the last few days....should i call and tell my OB or should I just assume labor will start witin the next week and leave it alone? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call a Dr to be safe, as you talked about clear yellow mucous.. is it just mucous ( being probably your plug) or is it watery ? either way labour may still be a while away, but you should also speak to your dr. if you lost your plug, there is not really much protection from bacteria now. goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• its watery and mucuousy...is that bad?
    MommieIsSexay

Answer by MommieIsSexay at 8:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It's probably best to talk to your Doctor just to be on the safe side.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• that mucuous is probably your plug, like others are saying. when i lost my plug with my first, it was like a glob of jello (not to sound gross). but if you have a bloody show, you need to call the DR cuz I lost my plug 2 hours before my water broke, and then I had my bloody show at the hospital a few hours before delivering.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Sounds like your plug. I lost mine weeks ago, and still no baby for me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Definitely sounds like your plug. You may be hours away from labor or you may be days or even weeks. My doc told me if I had any signs of labor after 36 weeks they most likely wouldn't stop the progress. But that was MY doc - your's could be different. I lost my plug at 5am with my first and had a baby by 8:00 that night - so it varies. Hope all goes well with you and your new baby!! Good luck!!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010