A neighbor spoke ill of me in order to gain popularity and at the time I felt hurt & betrayed & became infuriated. I've since moved (it's been 6 years) and thought it was best I not address it while I was too upset however, I haven't been able to let it go-- perhaps it's that character assasination thing I have a problem with. How would you have handled it? For me, integrity is everything and when someone tarnishes your character it seems like how could u forgive them? Help,I need clo

I was a private person & respected others privacy as well however, I was the type of neighbor that if you had an emergency I would come to your aid. I'd always mind my own business. We were not close and though I thought she was a respectable person til I overheard her speak ill of me during a party line conversation while trying to make a phone call. Additionally, a person she worked with had the audacity to say something to me that confirmed the conversation overheard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I would have confronted her.. Explained how it made me feel and that she shouldnt be gossiping about me or anyone. In the end i would forgive her IF she asked for forgivenes...

If not then i would just say oh well.. ive learned your true character now..

I hope that in anger i wouldnt retaliate..but i do have a temper.. i would have to see when put in that situation
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 9:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• some people have nothign better to do with thier pathetic little lives than to assasinate the characters of those better than them. its a problem i also had, with someone who i had considered a very good friend for over 20 years. the best revenge is to act like you feel sorry for them, like they are so pathetic that you cant waste your time on them. which btw, is what you did. let it go. those who know you, know you well, and those who don't can go to hell. right?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 9:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• you just need to put on your Jesus heart the kindness of forgiving and MOVE ON>
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Do you really feel that everyone is going to clap and become a cheering rah rah section fan of yours , and do you really believe we are so exclusive that nobody ever talks ill of anyone. Please you are not for real, tell me, please that YOURE PERFECT>
    Anonymous

• To the person "ANONYMOUS" that thought I needed "cheering rah, rah fans". First off, I never said I was "PERFECT" ... And yes I do not engage in gossip for the obvious. I am of the belief that if you can't tell people things to their face why GOSSIP?!? I'm a bigger person than that-- But what can I tell you, obviously you belong to the club of those who are repeated offenders. ...Perhaps too much time in your hands? I hope you aren't raising children. CAN U SAY BULLY MUCH? Alright listen, I was not looking for sympathy nor a pity party. It's more an explanation behind the mentality of those who think like you do. P S> A REAL PERSON in a not so perfect world where the laws of diplomacy are broken everyday u r a perfect example-- I will leave u with one thought: Live your life as an exclamation not an explanation~ Simply, have a wonderful life, but respect it! ...And always let your conscience be your guidance. Godspeed~
    Anonymous

• To those who responded thank you for your time, words of wisdom and insight. It was much appreciated. Have a Spectacular Fourth! CELEBRATE YOUR INDEPENDENCE & REMEMBER OUR TROOPS IN YOU PRAYERS! Be well~
    Anonymous

• I lived in a small town a few years back and this happened in my neighborhood all the time. I let it eat me up when I moved to another city a big city. I never had that problem again. However, I miss the everyone knowing who you are so in each situation there is good and bad. Of course no one is perfect however we all know our flaws you dont have to point them out to people. If they come on for help then that is what we should be here for. When I post a question I am expecting sisterhood....
    Anonymous

• Uhmm, the sisterhood stance is all good & dandy however, if you are willing to giveth you must be willing to taketh.
    Anonymous

• I like that I am definitly willing to giveth and taketh as long as it it done tactfully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2008