what do you consider to be a big rally? how many people at such an event?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/obama-democrats-hope-big-rallies-will-yield-big-victories

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 8:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hard to believe that even that many folks would be there.Wonder how many were bussed in and offered free food.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It really depends on the issue and the area where the really is being held.

The only think i think rallies do is energize the base. Big rallies mean big base, KWIM?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'd say this is a big rally:
    http://mommylife.net/archives/2010/08/glenn_beck_rest.html

I also happen to know that Houston throws some HUGE tea party rallies.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Hey tnmomofive- Oprah probably gave them an all expenses paid trip to rally. LOL
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• LMAO kerpilu gimmie a break..seriously
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• jewjewbee

Comment by jewjewbee (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Being a Democrat here in the midwest, I feel like a MINORITY here at CafeMom. I feel the effects of discrimination every time I post. I get bashed and made fun of constantly. I now know how minorities feel.....and it is not a good feeling.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think it's relative....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Anonymous, there really is no way you can know enough about that person to make such statements....you don't know what their real life is like, what is inside them, what their life experiences are.....it is very easy to know very little about a person and think you know what they are about.....a public scolding is just as bad as your accusations against her...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• How dare you compare what happens to you on a social website for women to what happens in real life to oppressed minorities. You, have absolutely no clue what it is like to be oppressed or judged for no action other than presenting yourself in a different skin color or religion than the majority of any community you happen to be in. This statement of yours should be deleted immediately, as it continues to do two things:

Show how out of touch you are with reality

And how insensitive to anything other than what affects you daily.

You are ostricized because of your actions on this site and your numerous obvious accounts. Not because you are a true minority. Get a Clue

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010