Hey, anyone out there with suggestions for potty training a 2 year old boy?

I have potty trained two girls, but I am having problems with the boy. I need good advice for training a stubborn boy.

GrandmaSheryl

Asked by GrandmaSheryl at 1:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 2 year old son and I tried and tried with him but he would not do it for me!!but one day he woke up and said that he did'nt want to wear his diper anymore!!The best thing is to wait till there are ready there selfs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yea you need to wait until he is ready.
    But when m started with my son right before he turned 2 i tried to put him in pullups and i tried underwear but neither one worked he still was interested so i just let him run around naked (bottom half) and he got the hang of it really well.
    He is now 30m old and he is trained except night time he still wears a pullup.
    He will get it my friend waited until her son was 3! to start and to me that was to old. Just my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My lil boy will be 2 1/2 in december and he still wears diapers. He knows all about the potty though. He knows that is where you go pee and poo he knows how to flush and even waves bye to the poo.

He will on occassion want to sit on the toilet and acts like he is going potty will even get toilet paper and wipe his butt. He lets me know when he poo's his diaper and he usually has or goes within several minutes of telling me. I haven't pushed him on the toilet training b/c he does so well already that i know when he is ready to go he is ready.

If anything try to take his diaper off and sit him on toilet holding on to his hands for balance and tell him that is where he goes potty and let him sit there for a few minutes each day...
    MysticHipi

Answer by MysticHipi at 10:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2008