Why do you refuse to judge?

Judging helps us to make decisions on what is right and wrong.

Who are you to judge? You are a citizen of this country, someone who will vote and petition for laws, sit on jurys and decide someones fate. It is right for you to learn what good judgement is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I love this topic. I may unconsciously judge, However I do not share my judgements, I do not treat anyone according to how I may have judged them, I get to know the person. I make a conscious decision to over ride my initial judgement. I refuse to judge because I know that we all are one, we all want the same things in life, that is to be happy, and I will not be one who brings more pain into this world by judging. I refuse to do it. It is a decision we are all capable to make.

"If you judge someone, you have no time to love them" ~Mother Theresa

"When you judge someone , you don't define them, you define yourself"

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• to judge (third-person singular simple present judges, present participle judging, simple past and past participle judged)

(transitive) To sit in judgment on; to pass sentence on.
    A higher power will judge you after you are dead.
    (intransitive) To sit in judgment, to act as judge.
    Justices in this country judge without appeal.
    (transitive) To form an opinion on.
    I judge a man’s character by the cut of his suit.
    (intransitive) To arbitrate; to pass opinion on something, especially to settle a dispute etc.
    We cannot both be right: you must judge between us.
    (transitive) To have as an opinion; to consider, suppose.
    I judge it safe to leave the house once again.
    (intransitive) To form an opinion; to infer.
    I judge from the sky that it might rain later.
    (intransitive) The act of criticizing or labeling another person or thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I judge, but there is a difference between judging and being a bitch about it.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I think everyone judge's to an extent...i just believe I don't judge as much as other people...basically if what ur doing doesn't affect anyone but u, my attitude is whatever floats ur boat. If what ur doing DOES affect others around u like ur family and friends suffering, then I may judge u but more along the lines of...how can someone DO that?! So I don't judge people on how they choose to dress, their sexuality, what job they choose to have, etc. but I will judge u if ur an addict to the point that ur stealing and making everyone around u miserable, if u r a chronic liar, etc.
    Mers1803

Answer by Mers1803 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I judge myself on the choices I make & I will judge on their morality but not by their actions. For EXAMPLE:lets look at Religion, I would base my opinion NOT on their religion they chose but on their morality as a Christian, Jew, Muslim~ etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• some people judge way out of line, there is a different between court and people judging. the people know what they want and what is wrong and what kind of friends they want but as i see people on cafemom come for trust and to just talk not get bashed or judged
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i don't judge cause you will not get any where in life but be known as a snoby witch. i don't judge my friends and they don't judge me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I don't judge because I know what it's like to be judged.... For years people labeled me as a snobby rich bitch because of the way I DRESSED! And how I did my make up and hair. And there I was thinking I was making myself more approachable to make friends... go figure...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008