Have you ever been fitted for a bra?

Where did you have it done and what was your experience?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yes, post-pregnancy, @ Dillards...found out i needed a bigger cup-size, regardless of the fact post-BF they were as flimsy and thin as day-old pancakes. who knew?? she showed me the proper way to 'situate' the boobalas for a comfortable fit, and explained why i needed the type of bra (different from what i'd worn before), also. made a lot of sense, especially when you compare different sizes/types and the comfort/lack of you get from either one.
    i walked away with four new bras that day..and its still the one i reach for when i buy new.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When i was pregnant and it was at Motherhood. It was a good experience, the bra fit perfect
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 8:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No, but i want to. I ALMOST did at victoria secret, but the woman who wanted to fit me, was a 18 year old perfect boobed chick. I said NO WAY! If she see's my boobs she will never ever want to have kids. I want an old lady who has seen hundreds of boobs in all kinds of shapes, sizes & forms....sorry, but i don't want the 18 year old perfect boobied girl judging my breasts....i just KNOW she'll think..."oh god, i hope my boobs never look like that!"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, when I was like a sophomore in high school. I got it done at Victoria's Secret. It was my cousin's wedding and they were fitting me for some corset looking thing that was so uncomfortable and then they fitted me for a regular bra afterward. Turns out I was wearing the wrong cup size. It wasn't a bad experience, it was just kind of awkward for me. But that was almost six years ago, so my boobs have gotten a lot bigger since then. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Victoria's Secret, and she was wrong! The bra was too small, and I kept trying to come out of the top of it!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've been fitted at Victoria's Secret several times, perfect fit every time! Some of the larger department stores (Macy's, Dillard's) usua;;y have someone trained to fit bras as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I had a bra fitting a couple of weeks ago at the Victoria's Secret at the Cherry Hill Mall. I finally got fed up with my anti-bra mentality and went in there and told the girl I hate wearing bras, they're never comfortable, and I don't think I ever wear the right size. She measured me and suggested I try their (I think they're called) Nearly Nude collection. I love them! I bought one (in the right size) and now I want to go back and buy more. It feels like I'm not even wearing a bra! I'm 31 and have tried to get by on wearing tank tops with shelf bras in them for the past 10 years, but after having my baby, the old saggies need some support.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Ive been fitten a number of times.. at Victoria Secret. Motherhood. Lane Bryant. and some "Bra Store"..
    It was always a good experience. I simply ask for a fitting (or they ask me if i need one) i lift my arms (with clothes on) they do their measurements & walaa.. Ive got a nice fitted bra. :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've been fitted several times, always at Victoria's Secret. After each child I went when I finished nursing and was fitted to make sure there were no changes. They always tell me the size and then help me with styles of bras if I want.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have been to VS many of times to be measure and they are very helpful helping me finding the right bra. I love there body by Victora they are so comfrotable.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010