what do you feed your dog?

we feed ours purina one puppy for large breeds. the vet said it is the best supermarket dog food.

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pets

• We just switched our boxer from Nutro Ultra (I think he got bored with it, he just kinda quit eating it unless he was starved) to Purina One something or other. It's got the hard dog food and some soft morsels in it, too. And he LOVES it. At least for now. lol Oh, and he gets table scraps.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I rotate mine between different "flavors" of Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, and Canidae. I want to try a bag of Wellness when their current food is out. If they like it and do well on it, I'll add it to the rotation. They also sometimes get hamburger meat or chicken (cooked or raw) and some fruits/veggies occasionally.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We feed ours Eagle Pack Holistic and raw.

For those feeding supermarket brand foods please consider switching. Feeding those foods gives your dog zero nutrition. You'd be better off feeding them the bag the food came in.

To the person that is buying whatever cheap food is on sale, consider sticking to one brand. Constantly switching foods, especially crap foods, isn't good for a dog's stomach.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have a 13 year old Boston Terrier that has almost no teeth left in her mouth, so she eats Moist & Meaty and whatever canned dog food is cheapest that I know she will eat. I also have a year old Lab Mix that eats whatever dry dog food is on sale. She is not picky at all. I mean, she eats pieces of wood and whatever else she can find along with scraps and dry food. We take them to the vet regularly and they are both as healthy as they can be, even my 13 year old Boston Terrier. Acts like she's still a puppy most of the time.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Vets do not know enough about nutrition unless they take the time to learn more about it outside of school. I have worked at a vet clinic for 12 years and I have taught them more about nutrition then they learned in school. They have told me with everything they learn nutrition is a very small chapter that is not focused on. I feed mine Verus at the moment which is not has good as some of the other food I used in the past but it is by far better then Purina. I also like California Natural, Innova, Taste of the wild, Canadae. I stay away from foods made by Purina, Science diet, Pedigree, ol'roy and any other grocery store or regular pet stores foods.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=265&cat=all  Check this site out. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We always fed ours Beneficial.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i feed my dog Beneful Playful Life. he does great on it.
    nautumn84

Answer by nautumn84 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Ol' Roy, usually the red bag but in the winter the brown bag. Our dog is happy & healthy and we're not going broke feeding her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We feed ours Science Diet.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010