How would you deal with a "bully" teacher?

My son has always had bad seasonal allergies, hes on medication for it but it doesn't always work. Well last week he asked to go to the school nurse because his eyes itch and sometimes swell shut.The nurse called us to come get him,he then returned to his class to get his belongings and she yelled at him in front of his entire class that "YOU NEED TO SUCK IT UP!" I left a message for her to call me, she never did. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed! What would be your course of action?

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Talk to the principal ASAP, that teacher is way out of line and should never talk to a student like that.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Ya if you get the doctor to write a note stating he MUST be allowed to take his meds, by law, he must be allowed to go to the nurse and take them. Its school, not basic training. I'd go over his head and have a talk with someone.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• File a grievance with the district to get an investigation going. Demand that your son be transferred to another class and in no uncertain terms inform the Principal that she is to STAY AWAY from your child. Be prepared for the teacher and her union that she belongs to to start saying lies about you, your child and your family. The union will do anything to keep their BAD TEACHER employed, but don't back down. Also, inform other parents of the kids in the class what is going on. People like this DO NOT NEED TO BE TEACHING.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Call the principal. Talk to him/her about the difficulty and demand that your child be moved to another class. Call the Superintendent of School and file a complaint.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It don't seem to matter what you do, Do you think really there going to say yes i did that. I don't... I have seen the lies through the schools.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• definately, call the principle and write a letter stating your complain so that there will be recorded paper trail.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• she and I would be having a talk about how she is allowed to interact with my child
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010