Anyone ever date/marry a mama's boy??

Looking for some funny stories to share. I dated a SEVERE mama's boy for 4 years - longest 4 years of my life! He would bring his mom along on dates and not even ask me, his mom made all his meals of the day and didn't offer me any, she did his laundry and put it all away, etc. That was quite a few years ago that we split, so now I look back and laugh at how naive I was.

SweetPieMama24

Asked by SweetPieMama24 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• he wasnt aware that he was until we got married and moved far from them and then he saw how it was and changed ALOT.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Eww, yes I sure did. He was 21, living at home... mama cooked, cleaned, washed the laundry and NEVER minded her own business. I'm sooooo thankful that relationship ended!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• the relationship that my ex and his mom had was almost disgusting - they acted like they were husband and wife. she didnt drive so we had to drive her all over creation. in the middle of sex, he answered her phone call to come pick her up, and then got mad at me when i started getting dressed because i wasn't in the mood anymore! when i asked him to move in with me, he flipped saying he couldnt leave his mother alone like that and how dare i !
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh I hear that. I think my ex's mom was jealous of me because she would say things like, "all you could ever be is trophy wife" and mean things like that. Then he would wonder why I didn't like hanging out at the house.

I can appreciate a guy that loves and respects his mom... but a man who lets his mom run his life (especially when he's grown) is pretty pathetic. I'm so glad I married a REAL man.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• "I can appreciate a guy that loves and respects his mom... but a man who lets his mom run his life (especially when he's grown) is pretty pathetic. I'm so glad I married a REAL man. "

Couldn't agree more!! My ex was 28 - still living at home with mom and had NO intentions of moving out at all. I wanted to get married and have kids and he wanted kids at some point, but since he refused to move out of Mom's, i would joke with him saying "what, am i and the kids gonna live next door and you'll be here with ur mom" and he said "yeah" totally serious. WOW! When we broke up, I told him that he's gonna be 45 years old, still living at home, never married and no kids and wondering where life went.
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i did it was awful he wanted me to b just like her i had no problem w/ her tho she was kind to me
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My boyfriend was really a mama's boy but that could be because she raised him and his dad didn't live close so he didn't see him very much. But anyway, I used to get really annoyed but now I understand. His mom is always there and honest and helpful .. She's like my 2nd mom. I consider her my mother-in-law even though I'm not married to her son :)
    BShip2010

Answer by BShip2010 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• BShip - it's good that you have a good relationship. With mine on the other hand, it was a constant battle between us to get his attention. It was like a game almost - it's sad that she had to think that way. She couldnt be happy that her son was with a girl who is very responsible, owns her own house, has a great paying job, etc.
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Dated, engaged to but ended up not marrying him. He was a great guy but his mother wanted me to do everything SHE wanted and he would tell her to back off once in a while but when he started lying to her I figured it was enough. I got my tongue pierced and she was wondering why I couldn't eat much at dinner and when I went to tell her, he spoke up and said my tooth hurt. When cleaning up, I told her I didn't know why he said that but here's why and when I told her, she gave me a look and said, "Well, if you want to mutilate yourself...". I already had tattoos - not like this was such a stretch. He also was supposed to meet with the broker to give the first/last rent for a new place for us since he had me move into his parents' house with him (it was to be temporary til we got our place since I had to move out when my parents divorced). He never showed up and met the broker - blew it off.completely.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010