is it okay to have a late xmas?

this christmas ill be low on money with me only having child support to go on and now i have to pay for a lawyer so i wont have any money until AFTER christmas. i know its not ab out the gifts but its always nice to give. so would if be alright to give presents later on

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 1:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't see why not! I have had to have Christmas late because of family being out of state. If it were me, I would do something small, like do a project or something on christmas.

Are you worried about your family not getting Christmas gifts from you, or your child? I know that my ex soon to be in laws didn't have any money, so they sent a card, I was completely fine with that. It looks like your child is young, if so, wrap some empty boxes! They love the paper more than the gifts anyways
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My aunt did a Christmas in July once. She sent out cards explaining that they were buying a home and couldn't afford everyone on the list, so we should expect our gifts in July. We all understood, and by the time July came around we had forgotten. It was SO neat to get all of the gifts wrapped in Christmas paper that she bought before!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I dont think it's a big deal. I have done it before and nobody cared. They all understood. I mean we went as far to have Christmas a week late at my house for presents and dinner and everything! My son was fine with it and so was the rest of my family.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 1:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Don't you ever be afraid that your efforts aren't good enough. You do what you need to do. Your children won't love you any less.

You might try registering with a community group for donated toys. Don't ever be too proud to accept help when it's truly needed.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I forgot about that Sharon!! There are so many donation centers out there! Toys for Tots is one major name. Another thing to look into is the local schools. They normally have toy/food drives during the holiday seasons
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• there is nothing wrong with that... plus your little on is too young to know when to "expect" christmas she won't even notice!
    abayhaymom

Answer by abayhaymom at 10:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Do what you want and want you need to... Sometimes we have waited till New Year's Day.. even after, depending on the weather and when people are able to travel... Don't worry about what you get your child.. at that age, it is the celebration, the decorations, the baking, the excitement of it all.. Take her to a Christmas Day church event, it really don't matter which denomination you choose, just as long as you both enjoy the hoopla... Thats what it's really all about. Go drive thru town and look at all the decorations....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yes I think it would be. Considering Christmas isn't about gift's anyways it's about Jesus. So don't feel bad. I don't care who gets mad or goes off for it or what ever don't feel bad. Just remind them it's not about presents it's about Jesus. THAT'S what I would do.
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008