This is from a cookbook by Sofia Loren.
* EGGS, 3 separated
* SUGAR, 5 tablespoons
* MASCARPONE CHEESE, 6 ounces
* LADYFINGERS, 1 large package (approximately 36)
* ORANGE LIQUEUR, 1 cup
* ESPRESSO COFFEE, 1 cup
* BITTER CHOCOLATE, 2 ounces, grated
* UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, 1/2 cup, or 2 ounces grated bittersweet chocolate
1. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium-sized bowl and beat well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
3. In a third, larger bowl, combine the egg yolk mixture with the mascarpone, then fold in the egg whites to produce a creamy mixture.
4. Arrange a tight layer of ladyfingers in a 9-by-12-inch serving dish.
5. Using a spoon, drizzle about half the liqueur and half the espresso over the ladyfingers.
6. Cover the ladyfingers with the mascarpone mixture and the grated chocolate, and dust it with a litt
at 9:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2010