For divorced moms who are still single: Do you feel like your married friends treat you different since the divorce?

I don't know if I am imagining it or not, but it just seems like my married female friends act like I am not the same person. Some of them hardly talk to me at all. And most of these "friends" I have known for over 10 years each. I don't feel like I am any different at all. If any of them got divorced I wouldn't treat them any different. Ok, so I vented.....just let me know if any of you have felt this way.

msm2010

Asked by msm2010 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• no i dont feel that way but i have notice that i spend more time with my single mom friends and that we have more to talk about than my married friends.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I could see them acting differently if you cheated on your husband, who is also their close friend. But other than that I don't know why they would act that way. Maybe they feel threatened that you are going to be dating and going out. Who knows?
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i don't have the same friends. once i was separated from my ex, i changed everything about me. while i was married, all of my "friends" didn't even know me. they knew me as "mc's wife".... i wasn't allowed to go anywhere alone, yet i HAD to have friends. he just chose them. now, i have new friends. a few are married, but most are single or divorced as well. AAAND, most of them are men. HA!
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• some of my friends do. However I dont think they mean too. It's kind of like they are just afraid of saying certain things around me. I've had a few friends start to say things aout their husbands then stop suddenly and say things like "oh I'm so sorry...." If situations like that come up you just have to mention that you are fine, not to worry about it and even prompt them "your husband what??......."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm remarried now, but when I was a divorced single mom my friends were always trying to set me up with someone. That was really the only thing that was different.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I divorced him because he was in love (so he thought) with someone who claimed to be my friend, so that really has nothing to do with it. The friends I'm talking about are MY friends, ones I have known for years, and were civil to my ex, but were truly my friends only. I know that sounds silly, but I'm trying to explain. They just kinda seem different to me. They wanna go have lunch together and all that and they don't ask if I'd like to go. It just seems like I've been "voted off the island".....lol. I take it ok. I just wondered if any of ya'll had dealt with the same thing or not. Thanks for the responses....
    msm2010

Comment by msm2010 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, some feel threatened. Don't take it personally, take it as a compliment. Having outings with them with just the girls may also make them feel obligated to invite you to dinners with the hubby's......the don't want that. I'm sure your attractive or this wouldn't be happening. GL.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No, thankfully.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010