I'm falling into bad habits again:(

Last year I was very obsessive all I thought about was having a baby already have a 5 year old and I want him to have a sibling, I would beat myself up! And cry and I guess kinda be depressed abou it! My fionce wants kids but he was just wanting to wait because I'm sure he wasn't completely ready u brio one day our son came up to us and asked us for a baby and was telling us all the things we can do with the baby and my fionce said let's start trying! That was 5 months ago!! And now I'm starting to beat myself up and I'm thinking of baby 24-7 and it's actually really bad and annoying!! Has anyone gone through this? What helps I know I should just stop but it's easier said then done!

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL I have no help for you because I am doing the same thing at the moment. I try not to think about it but it is in my mind 24/7. Hope you find a way to get your mind focus on something else. Good luck
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It sounds like you don't have enough to occupy your mind, and that's why these thought keep coming in. Are you a stay-at-home-mom? You need to find something that you have an interest in. Like getting a job, even if it's part-time. If not, then find something that interests you, like cooking. Try to make some really good meals for your family. Do you like to read? A good book might help. How about reading to the child you do have, and doing crafts and taking him/her for a nature walk or to a park or library. Exercise will help your mood, too. Since your fiance isn't ready to have more, try to see his part of it. The extra financial responsibility, etc. Maybe a job would also help aleviate that, too. Good luck!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• http://www.compulsive.ws/compulsion-spiritual/changing-compulsive-thoughts
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yeah I'd say, put your mind elsewhere, i think we all at some time have this happen
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies and I have a full time job, and my bf is ready now we boy really want a baby.. Thanks for all the advice!
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It tends to happen when you relax and stop obsessing
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Lol - yeah - I obsessed between number one and two - be careful... you might get what you wish for! I ended up with 9! Lol...
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010