Have you or your daughter been vaccinated?

HPV is the leading cause of cervical cancer. Gardasil is a new vaccine to prevent this and I was wondering if anyone has taken it and if so, were there any reactions to the vaccine?

StepJenni

Asked by StepJenni at 1:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• It makes me sad the lack of information out there on this. If you really research it and then choose not to give it, then fine. But at least understand it before you spread around bad info. Yes, it only protects against a few strains, but that's because the other strains do nothing and the body fights them off itself! Why would they vaccinate against a strain that doesn't hurt you? And yes, you can still get cervical cancer, but not from HPV and HPV causes 70% of cervical cancer cases.

And all vaccines have caused injury and death, btw.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My step daughters had it, and had no reactions at all. I wish it had been around when I was younger. I had precancerous cells on my cervix and almost lost the ability to have children because of an infection I got after a procedure.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No, my daughter is not and will not be vaccinated.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yes, she will be.. i got hpv from her father, soo when she gets old enough she will get the shot..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• no...it said in the stupid commercial that it doesn't even fully prevent cancer....
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 3:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My oldest daughter got her last shot today. She says that the shot stings more then other shots. That was her only complaint. The paper work says it protects against the 4 major types of HPV and that it include 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer and 2 types that cause 90% of genital warts.

I will get my younger 2 daughters vaccinated when they are old enough.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Have not and will not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I won't be giving it to my daughter. The risks are too high, no matter what the doctor says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No my daughter can decide when she is an adult. I have not and dont need the vaccine.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 6:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yes my 10yr has and my 4yr will when she turns 9. It may only cover a few strains but I feel that that it at least helps
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008