How can i get my 3 month old son to sleep longer during the night?

He's wakes up 2-3 time still and I'm so tired I need help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He will when he's developmentally ready to, there is nothing you can do to speed it along. My niece is 2 and doesn't sleep through the night.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• u have to give it time - he's only 12 weeks old. my son started sleeping thru the night around then - but it was only a 10:00 - 5:00 ordeal (better then every two hours but still). u just have to have patience unfortunately. make sure to give him a bottle right before u put him down, make sure his diaper's nice and clean, and put him to bed. some kids sleep thru the night at 4 weeks (my friend's daughters both did that somehow!), and some are almost a year and dont sleep thru.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Are you waking him up at regular intervals during the day? That always helped with mine, making sure they didn't get their "long sleep" during they day, and that they ate enough during the day so I didn't have to worry about them needing to eat at night.

Answer by missanc at 9:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my 8 month old wakes up 2-3 times a night! u will get used to it after awhile! sorry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you want him to wake up often through the night so you know he is okay.....the chances of SIDS are great at this age and if he wakes up often his chances of deep sleep are lessened....try to nap when he does in the evening/day ...and maybe you wont be as tired throughout the rest of your day. good luck ...your a mommy babe, we dont sleep...lol
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You cannot do anything to force a tiny baby to sleep longer. Do you feed him when he wakes up? He's waking up because he's hungry, it's what babies do. 5 hours is considered through the night. One of mine got up every hour for 4 months - and I had other kids too. Yes, I was a zombie, but it's part of life with a baby, I got used to it. That's why you are supposed to nap with baby during the day too. But there is nothing you can do to make him wake up less at night - he'll do it when he's ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Here is a lil secret! Put some baby cereal in his or her bottle! It works... I done it with all 4 of mine!
    mfour42

Answer by mfour42 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• They will do it when they are ready. I was the most worrysom mother always looking for answers and different things to do to make life easier. But ultimately they do things when they are ready, they make their owns schedules, basically they call the shots haha.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010