Has anybody's infant ever had bottle rot with teeth that are halfway erupt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Like did my son's teeth rot when he was first teething? No.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I used to work for a children's dentist and I've seen it really bad a handful of times. You need to make sure that you are only putting milk in the bottle -- NO juice, soda Gatorade,etc...I've seen it all! And don't put them to bed with the bottle because when a baby falls asleep, they do not swallow. That means the puddle of milk stays in their mouth, and on their teeth, all night long until they wake up enough to swallow.
    If your child has this, take him/her to a CHILDREN'S dentist. They will know what to do better than a general dentist and they have better ways of dealing with the little ones. If you have more questions, you can message me, but this will only get worse if you do not take care of it!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• FYI...When I got desperate with my own kids and let them fall asleep with a bottle, I would make sure to go back and wiggle them a little, or give them a binky, or something to make them swallow before I let them stay asleep. =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My daughter had really bad bottle rot when she was a baby. She actually had to have the top 4 teeth pulled out when she was 4. That's how bad it was. They just now grew back in when the permanate ones about a year ago. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have given her the bottles at night at all.
    Anonymous