What do you think of the information on this page.. use link!

Cut and paste this link into your browser.. hit ENTER! Read and return here to reply.. PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND COOPERATION!
http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Ways-to-Be-a-Better-Parent

REALLY WISH THIS SECTION HAD THE ABILITY TO JUST ADD LINKS... REALLY WOULD BE HELPFUL!?!

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, let's all give June Cleaver a round of applause! Talk about the perfect world, lol! The trouble is it virtually ignores a little thing called LIFE in all it's gory. It's a great generality - but raise your hand if your life is the poster-child of a perfect family. No one? Big surprise. Some of the advice is like telling a mother who survived breast cancer with a double mastectomy that breastfeeding is best.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• seems like common sense to me... YET, i am divorced... it was better and SAFER to get divorced. my children have emotional issues, definitely, but those mostly stem from me staying with their father too long.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Wow, just by reading the first two I'm a shitty parent, and my parents were too. I think that list is a bunch of crap, personally.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• and to mention. i moved around ALL THE TIME..... and i'm perfectly normal! *twitch*

no, but really. seeing the world is a GOOD thing. lol. i don't really know. i'm torn on this one. my ex has moved 8 times in the last year. is that good for my girls? no.... i think more organized moving can be good, though.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think those are all good things, if possible, but parents also need to realize that they are not going to be perfect, sometimes divorce is best for that particular family, sometimes even when parents do all the right things, their children don't make all the right choices as adults....loving your children and working on your own issues is what is best, though....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• k, so... i just re-read it. HA! while SOME of it is good common sense, not all of it. really? read parenting books? what happened to mommy instincts? i hate parenting books. lol.

not making your kids wait to talk to you? thats just dumb. i have to wait to talk sometimes.... they do to. it's life.

other than that... sure sounds good! lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2010