I need advice on this one

My DH cant stand to have kids in our bed. I get angry cause I feel its alright. Like last night our 4 yr old wakes up around 3 am. She comes and wakes me up. Asking mommy can i sleep with you. I put her in our bed. DH starts complaining, I just ignore him, I dont really see the big deal... The night is over and she has been in her bed. I ask him he just says kids dont belong in our bed.

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 9:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• i agree with your DH to an extent... mine will have something like bad dream... or what ever I will let them snuggle with me for a few mins in my bed and then we walk back to their bed and I will do the monter of BAD dream check... and then they are fast alseep... there have been a few times that the dream was frightening enough that he didn't want to go back so I gave him my favorite stuffed teddy bear (colleted them for a while) to sleep with and tucked him in to HIS bed... he was fine!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• maybe he doesnt want them getting used to doing that, cuz before you know it, you'll have a family bed and everyone will be 10 years old and up and you still can't get them out of ur bed!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't think it's a matter of right or wrong, just what each of you is comfortable with. For us, the family bed works because we both love having our son in by us, and we sleep better when he's there. But if your DH doesn't like the idea, then you guys need to figure out a solution--just "ignoring him because you think he's wrong" isn't really the way to handle disagreements in a relationship....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I side with the bubby on this one. Kids only in the bed if both adults agree, otherwise out they go. Hubby has to share you all day with the kids....give him some peace at night...If you must, YOU go sleep in her room with her.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When my children were young and woke me up we had to go lay in there bed or the couch
    in bed with daddy was not permitted at all no matter the reason or age.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• id say well go sleep on the sofa then..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband was like that with our first 2, and I disagreed with him, too. I finally put a cot beside my side of the bed, so if the kids needed to be near me they could come sleep on the cot...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If our kids come in our room, even if it's 5 minutes before wake up time, I walk them back to their own beds.. It took me long enough to get them to stop sleeping with us for it to start again.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Your husband is right.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I disagree my husband n i allow our youngest son to sleep with us...he has always been the "runt" he is our last one and we think its ok for him to sleep with us due to his size and the fears he has id rather be comfy in my own bed then squished on his bed or the couch n if hes 10 15 or 20 n still wants to lay with his mommy well then so be it he is gonna lay with his mommy....my dd is 14 n still climbs in bed with me when DH works late or days at a time...they love the company just as much as i do beds are not just for sleeping or making love its a great place to relax and talk
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2010