What are some great ideas to make a homemade baby boy shower?

HI, my mother and I are trying to make a baby shower and sort of plan everything ourselves as well as try to make everything like the food,decorations, center pieces, games, favors, invitations, gifts for the guests, and etc.
Since this is my mom's first grandbaby we have no idea how to plan. Does anyone have good ideas, details maybe of how your own baby shower was, and pictures of decorations or of baby boy showers if you have any to get a good picture of how to make ours. As for a theme we have 3 options that we are considering: a safari jungle theme, a it's a boy theme, and a little teddy bear theme.

NewMom3-4-2011

Asked by NewMom3-4-2011 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• I can tell you what people did for my showers and hopefully that will give you some ideas :) For a theme, my aunt used the theme of my son's room (beach/fish/etc). Invites were just blue cardstock with the info printed on vellum and then stuck on with fish stickers. For decorations, you can try Party City or Oriental Trading Company--she got an inflatable palm tree that held juice, soda, and ice in a tub around the base of the tree, and a grass skirt that went around the table with the food. For favors, she did a small lip gloss, nail polish, and bath salts in a plastic bag with a pretty ribbon. HTH!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Im getting ready for a shower, but she having a girl. I guess instead of using pink. You use alot of blue. Im going to the dollar store to see what they have in decorations. you can bake a cake and put little plastic animals on it. I hoped this helped
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my baby shower was a woodland theme (we're having a girl but it can be gender neutral) my mom made the cake look like a tree stump with little animals all around like this pic-  http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1772922.html

we used fall leaves and garlands and a bunch of woodland animal beanie babies to decorate the room. It turned out really cute

elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• For a center piece, i would make a big diaper cake .. those always look really good .. you can go to dollar tree and get a pack of like blue and white balloons .. do different games .. like my sister had a baby shower last week and we typed my neice's name on a paper like:

C
    H
    L
    O
    E

and people had 2 min to list as many characteristics for Chloe to "win a prize" .. and there was a "note to Chloe" where you write a note to her but you can change it as much as you want like ..
    Dear Chloe (or your baby's name lol)
    I hope you have your mommy's ________ and your daddy's _______. i know you'll grow up to __________ ... and so on but you can make it as long or as short as you want but it's something special that you will always be able to keep.
    sgt.youngs.wife

Answer by sgt.youngs.wife at 11:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010