I'm a single mom with 2 kids I work afull time job I really don't even see my kids as it is how can I make time to go to school to better our lives???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Online.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I am am also a single mom but I have 3 young children. I gave up on college when I had my twins. I kept saying that would go back and had everything planned at the school and everything. Then I realized that with my crazy work schedule that I don't have the time to go back to school. That soon all changed. I was online one day and I came across an ad for the University of Phoenix Online. It was the best thing i have done in the past few years. I am having a great time, my GPA is the highest that I have ever had, and the best thing is that I am able to be at home and work at my own discretion. I will admit that when you first get started it is a big adjustment but you will learn about managing your time. It is great I am almost finished with my first year... I am feeling great about myself and I am truly motivated...
    crazyrae11

Answer by crazyrae11 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with the PP -- I finished my bachelors through a local university - but they offered every class I needed online. My degree isn't from an "online" school.. its a normal university around here. Lots of the colleges, universities and even community colleges are offering online classes now! :) Figure out what degree you want and then look to see whats offered in your area. Good luck.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with the PPs. Go back online after your babies are in bed at night. I go to Baker College online. They are a popular school in Michigan that started with multiple on-ground campuses, and just in the last few years developed an amazing online program with everything from business to psychology classes. Go to www.baker.edu for more info on them. And like the above poster said, your degree comes from Baker College, not Baker Online so employers who are still leary of online education never know unless you tell them. Good luck!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It sounds like on line is the way to go, but I'll share my experience. I went back to school when my child was 21/2 years old. My school had a daycare so i would drop him off on my way to class and pick him up after. it was free for students. We survived on my financial aid/loans (i also used this to buy my computer) food stamps and child support. On occasion i could work part time.

Loba

Answer by Loba at 9:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My local community college offers alot online too, and it provides free daycare for students, just research stuff that is around you and if you cant find something that fits go online You can do it
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2008