what do you do when to school your child is going to is just pushing him though

i have 15 year old boy with adhd/odd and the school is just pushing him from one grade to the next my 15 yr.old boy can not tell time , count money, read , ect and we have been on the school back now for 5 years and he as not made very much head way and we don't how else we could get help from to get him the help he needs . so can any one help use or tell what we can do? ctycritter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Contact your local news and get them to do a story about WHY the board of education is letting your kid slip through the cracks by passing him through. that usually makes the school do what they are supposed to do. Teach the kids with special needs, not just pass them up the line.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• try a charter school or The american school and see if you can help him at home?
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You probably will not like my answer but..call your local Department of Children and Families.Better known as DCF.I know people cringe at their name..but that is what they are their for. To help,in cituations like this. They are there to help familys in need. Call them and tell them exactly what you have told us. I bet you they would not only go after the school to find out why they have done Nothing for your son,but more..they would make sure that your son gets the help he needs.Good luck.
    meagrandma

Answer by meagrandma at 10:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Take him out of school and home school or find a school that offers real education for disabled children. ridiculous thats how some of the schools are her it disgusts me.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• IEP (Individual Education Program)and learn to be a B*****. Loud and proud I have 2 children on IEPs and one on a 504(iep without federal safety net)?'s pm me with details and I'll see if I can help.
    MissyJo68

Answer by MissyJo68 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• There is way more going on with your son. Does he have any other ld? Just having adhd/ocd won't make him not learn these things. I would have him tested more, if you haven't already. Maybe the school is aware of his ld and this is all they can do. Unless you get on board with what is really going on with your son, you can't help the school. I am thinking your son has some sort of 504plan or iep? if not, there is no reason they can push him through.........he should be staying back, unless he's labeled in the school. Do more research and get your son tested......
    40sthenew20

Answer by 40sthenew20 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2008