Party Planning....

Do you ever think about other kids allergies or food restrictions when planning a party?

cndennis

Asked by cndennis at 11:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes, and I also think about those who are vegetarians and don't eat meat.

Answer by older at 11:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah, we have a friend who is severely allergic to peanuts, can't touch them, and a niece allergic to tree nuts, and yet a sister in law allergic to dairy products.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think about it if i know about them. I know my nephew is allergic to peanuts so I wont serve them if he is going to be there. I dont know allergies of all kids in my dd's class so I cant plan around them. I used to make cakes with no egg and no dairy when my dd was small for the babies who had allergies.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• what about diabetics? you could almost say they are allergic to sugar
    cndennis

Comment by cndennis (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would try to consider someones special diet needs if i was aware of them. it is hard for someone who doesnt know much about diet restrictions to actually get it right though. KWIM? If we dont deal with it daily it is really hard to do it for someone else with out calling and asking specifics.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would if I knew about it,I guess that would be good questions to ask all the parents ahead of time to be on the safe side.No kid needs to feel left out.Its not there fault.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2010