Halloween Costumes, I'm poor

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?
We are broke and I'm 5 months PG, so we don't have costumes...
Did you make your costume?

If you bump this, I have 8 BUMPS to give out! :)

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 11:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I bumped you! Best of Luck!! The poorer we were the more Creative We got!! One year I took DD's Care Bear pajama it was one piece & made her face painted and put a birthday hat on. She was SO cute! Another DD had Pink one piece footed Pj's. I made her into Love alot bear! I took a heart & put it on her behind. Made something like the 2 hearts with felt on the front. I always got creative.,. Thought I never could or did Sew. Let your mind go.. Its so easy.. One year I used a Communion Dress & DD was a Bride one year a Angel. Another year was a Groom .. Etc.. Endless possibilities.. Have Fun.. I bet it will go Great.. Anything is Fair Game...
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A friend of mine had an easy and up to date costume, he got himself one of those miner lights for his head and plans on looking dirty to match, he will be one of the miners rescued, I thought it was clever and inexpensive.

Answer by older at 11:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Hit the Dollar Tree!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What about a mummy??? You could use and old sheet or something and wrap your little one up!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• How about you make your belly a pumpkin? You might not be showing too much yet though.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• do you have spare sheets? I didnt have white ones so I did buy some (you could buy some from a thrift store for like 50cents!) and tore them into strips and made my son a mummy costume.. or you could make a ghost costume.. OR you could buy some different clothing items and make a hippy, or a bloody business man.. A zombie!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I like to shop at this second time around store called Once Upon A Child. Maybe they have something like that where you are. You can also check craigslist for free costumes.

You could also get some green face paint and make your little one an ogre or something. Just make two little green ears... get creative with clothes he already has... Stuff like that. Good luck
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• White sheet,some long gold color ribbon and you are a Greek Goddess!!
    Alie95

Answer by Alie95 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Be a house wife, put your hair in some curlers mess it up and put a robe on over your clothes
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well what I do for Halloween is I go to thrift stores and look for old clothes that will work for whatever I am wanting to be. Then i do my own adjustments on the clothes with my sewing machine at home.
    This year I am going to be a China doll for halloween so a thrift shop will have exactly what I need.
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 4:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010