Learning Shapes.

How did you help you kid learn shapes?

When she was 2 she knew 8 of her shapes.. But now at almost 4 she can only remember circle, square & triangle.

Does anyone know any songs to help remember them? what tricks helped your child.

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You probably need to brush back up on them and the best way in my opinion is to
    A. Get some books from the library on shapes, and
    B. Find them in real life, while driving or taking a walk, around the house. For example, a photograph frame may be a rectangle, the refrigerator too, the stove might look like a square, the moon a circle or crescent depending, an egg like an oval...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My daughter knows all her shapes, she's almost 3. The way I did it-flash cards, those toys that have you put the shape in the correct shape(ya know? haha) We did it EVERY day. I think it's just keep doing it till it's stuck in her head, don't "not" do it for a month. Anytime you give her somethin, ask her what shape it is. (NOT saying you don't do this, just what I did)

Now, How about ABC's and 123's. Well (5--10) :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We have one of those wooden boards where he can put the pieces in it and match them that way. They have the names under them (which is good for shapes I've never heard of, lol). =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Use everyday items. Samuel is 3 and he recognizes a lot of letters because of this. We also do this with colors. I had put the caps on the wrong color of markers and Samuel yelled at me and put it all on the right colors. lmbo. I was kind of proud of him that he recognized it all. :)
    Just use everyday items...when you go out to stores, when she's helping you with things, etc.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2010