First appointment

I'm currently seven weeks. What can I expect from my first appointment and ultrasound tomorrow?

SkylaDarling

Asked by SkylaDarling at 11:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends on the doctor! Mine did urine sample, blood pressure, pap smear (a little uncomfortable and my breast are tender and he has to be a little rough just to feel for any lumps) then examined my lady parts then on to the vaginal ultrasound. He may or may not choose to do a stomach ultrasound depending on the way he/she does things! I then had to go give blood for testing on all sorts of things! Again it all depends on your doctor! Good luck and congrats!!
    brittneyk86

Answer by brittneyk86 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• u wont c very much just a tiny thing in a huge sac. they might draw blood and def do urin and weight checks
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• They will do a pelvic exam, collect urine and maybe blood, and if they do an ultrasound, it will probably be an internal one with a wand. Not the one that they put on your belly.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• they should check to see how far along you are...the good ol legs up scoot to the end of the table scene... heart beat of baby, wont be able to see much on ulta sound but a dot, pee in cup any questions and see you in a month....your having a baby...yeah!!!
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• The best part is, you may be able to hear a heartbeat!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• pep exam (at least they did that with me) and then they did a vaginal ultrasound because at that point the baby is so small you can't get a good reading with a regular ultrasound.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• At my first appt. they collected urine, checked the heartbeat, checked my due date with their little wheel, did a body exam in and out, talked about any pregnancy symptoms I was having, prescribed pre-natals, talked about things you cant do when pregnant, asked if I had any questions, showed me where to go to get my blood work done, and what insurances they accepted, and I think that was about it.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010