How often do you vote for "the lesser of two evils" rather than researching third-party candidates.

I know some people really agree with the candidate they support... but how many people would rather not vote at all or just close their eyes and point at one of the two major parties?

RigbysMom

Asked by RigbysMom at 2:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would rather write in a random name then vote for a canidate I did not fully support.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i think it is important to research your candidates. sometimes they say one thing but vote the opposite. i think you should vote- in my house if you don't vote you can't complain. plus you don't have to vote on everything on the ballot. if you don't like the candidates don't vote on that part, but still vote there are too many issues to vote on as well which can affect your bottom line thru tax increases etc.
    amo3373

Answer by amo3373 at 3:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I REALLY DID MY HOMEWORK THIS ELECTION ...

HERE IS A LINK TO A SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISSON OF THE 2 CANDIDATES AND WHAT THEY STAND FOR

http://www.electionforum.org/election-voter-guide-flyers/secular-voter-guide.pdf

ITS PDF SO IT WILL WANT TO DOWNLOAD ARE YOU CAN VIEW IT AT ELECTION FORUM.ORG AND CLICK ON PRESIDENTIAL VOTER GUIDE ON RIGHT HAND SIDE OF PAGE :)
    AnessasMommy08

Answer by AnessasMommy08 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• While the person who matches my views the most happens to be a Democrat, I put third party candidates on equal ground.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I don't just close my eyes and vote. I research and learn all I can, and then I vote for the person who most closely lines up with my views. To vote for one of the other party candidates does not really help anyone except, in some rare cases, it will be just enough to push one of the other candidates to victory. Oftentimes, it will be the one with whom I disagree the most. So, since one of the two major party candidates is going to win, I simply choose the one that I can best tolerate for four years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had a feeling that the people who would answer this question would be the ones who actually care to research their candidates. =) I know so many people, though, who would rather just not vote, or vote for whoever they dislike the least. I try not to lecture them, but even saying something like, "You should really do some reading and choose SOMEONE to vote for...." doesn't work.

Those are usually the people who complain the most about the candidate who gets elected, though.
    RigbysMom

Answer by RigbysMom at 8:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2008