What do the republicans want to achieve in the next two years, is it help the economy? What are their goals for America?

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.... Our single biggest political goal is to give our nominee for president the maximum opportunity to be successful."

Is this going to fix the economy? Shutting down Washington

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• According to the political ads I've seen, the top three main goals the Republican candidates hope to accomplish are these:

Restore "Common sense"

Favor "Traditional Families"

Overturn "Obamacare"

Oh--and of course there are those who want to overturn the First Amendment and create a "Judeo-Christian" nation.

In other words. . . they don't have a plan, just a lot of hot air and divisive rhetoric.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 5:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Anna what do you think Obama is doing? the poor will stay poor with him.

The republicans believe the best way to help the poor is to give them a JOB!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If the single most important thing the Republicans want to accomplish is to get Obama and Democrats out of Office, that is really lame because it doesn't seem that they have any other important goals in mnd. Its just voting against.....what the heck? WHat do they want? To create more jobs> HOW? They say things and they deliver low blows to the opposition and lie,but they have no plans.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Probably wanna start another unfunded war

Give more tax cuts and loop holes to big business

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• try to fix the economy! But we have to wise who we put into office, it just can't be someone with a R. next to his name. I would love to put in Ron Paul.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't know. It will be interesting to find out.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Give more tax cuts and loop holes to big business and unions

Are you talking about Obama?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• In my opinion (and I do have one) Republicans for the most part favor corporations and pass laws to benefit the rich, and everyone else gets poorer...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• At this point, all I can say is what I WANT them do. Essentially the OPPOSITE of what Dems have been doing….
    Bring the government back to the people. Remove the ideal that an egotistical and out-of-control government of self-appointed elites are in a powerful role, belittling the people.. The people are in control. If Repubs f’k up, then they won’t last long.. Simple as that.
    I want them to READ the damn bills before passing them.
    Our nation is about the Will of the People. NOT the Will of the Government.
    I want for politicians to put social issues aside and adhere to the constitution. ESPECIALLY the 10th Amendment. Any and all powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I was being flippant. Sorry it wasn't obvious. ;o)
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010