can you have feelings for someone after 10 years

I found the man i fel in love with 10 years ago and i find myself wanting to see him alot. I have never loss the feelings for him i did try to reconnect a log time ago but i couldnot find him. Now people say an ex is ex and it should stay that way am i wrong. I am still marriade but i want him and donot know what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• You want the memories and the beautiful feelings you had then. It was then not now. Do not let it interfere with your married life. Do not act on this. Let it go. It is just a memory. Keep it in that part of your life.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes you can, but if you chose someone else to spend your life with, this should be honored first and foremost. If you find yourself wanting a relationship with this old flame, remember things never stay the same, and people change, don't go changing the cow for the goat!

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Sure you can have feelings for many years and may always have them, if it's meant to be it will, if not then you have a good memory.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i understand that people change and have talked to him he has changed and seems bitter about life i just wonder if seeing him would put this to rest and i can move on with my life. We parted before because of me not that i did not love him i had to get things straight in my life first but when i tryied to contact him i could not find him and he wouldn't talk to me i guess i feel i need to tell this to him in person.
    wildrose39

Answer by wildrose39 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i believe it can happen
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It's the memories and the excitment..trust me it probly wouldn't work out if you actually followed threw on these feelings..it is possiable to still have strong feelings for him but is it really worth it thats what you have to think about in this situation! maybe you have things that are left unsaid to him and if you are able to say whatever it is you would feel better..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Me personally.

No I can not.. I can not have real/true feelings for a person that I have not seen or spoken to in 10 years. It would be impossible. I would not know that person. That person would not be the same person today that they were 10 years ago.. I am not the same person I was 10 years ago. If I know nothing about the person themselves things like: their life goals, their integrity level, their honestly level, how they view life, how they view the world, how they live, how they treat others...ect..ect. How could I possibly have feelings for them that are "real" or based on reality when I know nothing about them, all I would be basing my feelings on would be memories.. Not what is real right here, right now, today in regards to that person.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010