Gluten free flour

Can some one tell me what is the best gluten free flour, or a good web site, mostly for baking cookies and breads. kiss

sdgd21

Asked by sdgd21 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Food & Drink

• flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We've used the Red Mill brand of All Purpose Gluten Free Flour and mixed it with Xanthum Gum. It says on the package how much to use. Both my MIL and my Mom have Celiac Disease so they can't have any wheat at all. My mom uses Pamela's Baking Mix to make a lot of things too. Check your local health food stores too. Most have a big section dedicated to gluten free foods. Some things you just have to try and figure out which brands you like best. If you are making french bread or pizza dough, there's a white box with teal strips on the top (can't remember the brand) that is a French Bread and Pizza Dough mix that is good, but you do have to mix some extra gluten free flour with it to keep it from being too sticky.
    icook

Answer by icook at 8:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2008