? about abortion to Catholics and Christians

I am Catholic and pro-life. I am not however anti-choice. The bible states clearly that no sin is greater than another and that no one is allowed to judge unless they are free of sin. Why do ppl protest outside abortion clinics claiming to be Christian? Why do we need to force our beliefs on other ppl in such a cruel way?

mommywho28

Asked by mommywho28 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think it's a good question, but it's loaded.....you think that protesting outside a clinic is cruel....not everyone would view it this way....even some women getting abortions.....although I imagine many do....People who protest outside of clinics are mainly trying to save the lives of children in the womb, and change the hearts of mothers who are making these choices as well as change the hearts of workers at the clinic.....although some protesters seem cruel and insensitive, many are not.....they just believe they are doing what is right...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Good question.... I was raised Catholic, but I've always been pro-choice. Which, by the way, is not the same as pro-abortion. But I'd love to hear some responses to that question too.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If anyone who judges anything must be free of sin then no human being has the right to judge anything...this would include civil judges, juries, police etc. Please tell me where specifically the bible says this. We have the right to judge the right or wrong of any situation but we must do so with mercry and without malice. I do not support abortion but I would never call a woman names or spit on her or bomb a clinic etc.! To have regard for human life is to show it to all! No sin is unforgiveable except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. But in order to have the knowledge of sin and redemption one has to judge what is right and wrong.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Because, and this is my opinion, of course, God also tells us in His Word that He knows us before He knits us together in the womb. We are a person BEFORE we are concieved! Life does begin at conception, and abortion is murder. True, no sin is greater than another, but the Ten Commandments tell us NOT to kill,and deliberately stopping a tiny human heart from beating is murder. It's not by accident that the heart and brain are the first things to develop! God WANTS us to know that there is in fact a living, breating, developing human in there, by HIS WILL, and they have just as much right to be born as any "pro-choicer." It is NOT :"just a blob of tissue."
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thank you for your answer Anna. You are right, there are many peaceful protestors. It's more the spitters and name callers I'm wondering about. Don't they know that about 70,000 cases a year at a clinic are mothers aborting babies that are already dead or have a conginital disease that will keep them or the mother from surviving? How awful is that!
    jessa, I'm not going to break out the Book right now but in the story of the woman who committed adultry Jesus says, "May ye who have not sinned cast the first stone". I never thought about cops and judges. Crimes cannot go unpunished. I guess that's where the law of the land comes in. Interesting. Thank you for making me think today!
    mommywho28

Comment by mommywho28 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• because RELIGION is man made , so people do what they feel is how it should be.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't believe in abortion and I will stand up for my beliefs, but at the same time I would NEVER criticize or make someone who had an abortion feel like a bad person.... There's a BIG difference!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 1:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I do not protest but those who do are igniting their voice for those who can not. That is one way to look at it. Christians do not hold the monopoly on protesting.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• because some Christians see the Bible as absolute truth to the point that all others should live by our beliefs b/c they are the only right ones to have. often times i think we forget that we need to concern ourselves with our own houses' morales instead of focusing on everyone else's. whats the phrase about making sure your own house is clean before inspecting others...im bad w/ phrases.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am Christian and pro-choice. I have evolved enough to know that people do not believe the way I do, politics and religion should always be separate, etc. Plus by laws and science...abortion is not murder.  That is fact. I like facts.  Opinions are fine...but you cannot argue that your opinion is fact, b/c it is just an opinion and nothing backs up your opinion to make it fact.  (: Plus, forcing your beliefs onto someone else or saying they are wrong for thinking or making that decision is judging.  Hence...why being pro-choice is awesome.  We do not force our beliefs onto anyone, we think everyone should make decisions for themselves and what is best for them.  Plus not everyone believes in GOD.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010