New to the IT world and need help

I decided to change carreer and just finish a program in IT. I'm now a Microsoft certified professional and I started sending my resume out. I'm looking for a job as a Technical Support Specialist with no experience. I'm very nerveous about the interview: what kind of questions to expect? what do I need to know before the interview? I'm ever gonna get an interview because I have no experience? How can I get an intership so I won't forgot what I learned? I have also heard about apprentice? How can I get that? Please help

loloniang

Asked by loloniang at 12:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• not sure really . but the usual questions will be why are you good for the job. what experience do you have? where will you be in 5 years time, what would people say is your biggest flaws etc etc ( these are just general interview questions i have experienced)
    as for getting experience you could volunteer at a company.. even if you just do a week with some company, that way you have contacts and they can decide if they want to take you on board.. you need to sell yourself in the interview, show them why you are perfect for the job.. as for the experience you could say i dont have experience in this but i do have experience in customer service roles etc.

I hope this helps you a little. goodluck with the job searching.. remember be persistent. you may not get an interview for a while but just keep applying.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Most schools have a career placement center of some sort. They help their graduates find jobs. That is the first place I would go for help. It's in their best interest to place as many graduates as they can because then they can advertise their high placement rates to potential students. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You may have two interviews with a company, one to ask you about your technical skills, where you may be asked some pretty specific questions about your areas of knowledge. You may also be asked questions about what steps you would take to solve a certain problem. If you do well on the first interview, you may have an additional interview to see how you fit in with the existing IT staff. You need to know everything you say you know on your resume and, if you don't know, be able to tell them where you would find the answer. I think your best shot at an internship would be through your school. You can also volunteer at non-profits to get experience.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• idk but GOOD LUCK!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Microsoft certified what?

You really need Cisco certifications to get anywhere in the IT world

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010