How long it take to read a good book

How long does it take you to read a good book?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It really depends on the book. I've been reading "1984" for almost a month now (it's only like 250 pages, too). It just took me forever to get into it. When the last Harry Potter book came out, I read it in like 6 or 7 hours, I think. I read almost all of Dan Brown's books in one evening (haven't read "The Lost Symbol" yet, though).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It depends on how fast you read, but I usually finish a good one in less than a week, if I had more free time it would be even quicker.

Answer by older at 12:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I read most novel in 5-6 hours. I read really quickly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If I can get time to myself, I can usually finish a really good one in a day. Otherwise it might take me a week.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If I wasn't taking care of the house it would be a little quicker. I read pretty much just in bed after the kids have gone to sleep & I am done with the day- I'm reading Malika Oufkir's memoir now & should finish tonight (3 days). It's really an incredible story.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A day if it's a real good one.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if i dont have distractions i could read in a day..also depends on the length of the book. I read eclipse in a day when my hubby took my nephew to our cousins
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Depends. I read the last HP book from start to finish in under a day, with no sleep and not putting the book down. But I can't do that any more. I just finished a book in 3 evenings, though.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my daughter a couple hours me a day or two but it dose not matter how fast just read!!!
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Fiction I can read as fast as only taking a day. I read the whole Twilight series in three or four days. Couldn't put them down, lol.

Nonfiction takes about a week or two, because I take notes and write in the margins and can't read as much at once because I have to concentrate more and its hard to with the tyke running around, haha. But nonfiction is my preference. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010