I have a 3 month old new born and he is vomiting alot and i have changed his formula 4 times whta else can i try?

Lisa1630T

Asked by Lisa1630T at 12:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had that problem we had to change his formula to Enfamil A.R. it has a little rice in it to settle his stomach it worked for us.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• what do you mean changed 4 times? when you introduce new stuff to their bodies they may vomit.. if you think it relates to a lactose intolerance have you tried a soy formula?

You should see your DR as soon as possible. the baby is 3 months and shouldnt be vomiting so much.. you dont want them to get dehydrated.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Speak to your child's doctor ASAP about the issue. Don't keep changing the formula without the advice from a doctor. You can make your child sick from that.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• have you spoken with the dr yet ? maybe try changing his bottles and try to keep him as upright at possible while feeding and for a t least 20 minutes or so afterward. You can let him sleep elevated as well, put a wedge or pillow under the mattress in his bed so his head is higher than his boday. If he has reflux the dr may prescribe something like zantac, it really helped my dd a lot.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would first speak to your Pediatrician about this. Then go to Similac.com. They offer many different formulas for specific issues. Whatever formula you choose, buy ONLY the liquid form not the powder mix. There may be something in your water that is irritating his stomach. I always used the liquid and had no issues. Many of my friends used the powder because it's less expensive and had nothing but problems. Then they switch to liquid pre-made and the problems stopped. Good luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Take your son to the doctor ASAP. It sounds like he has reflux.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• it may not be too late to relactate.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• The "vomiting" could be caused by acid reflux. I suggest you speak to your childs doctor about this. My daughter was always throwing up, and then she was put on antacid, and it worked wonders! If it is NOT acid reflux, maybe a smoother formula would do the trick. have you tried similac allimentum? the stuff is made hypoallergenic, and easier to digest! good luck!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 1:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• How much are you feeding him? at his age his stomach is only about the size of his fist. If you are trying to feed him 6 oz and he can only fit 4oz in he will vomit the rest up. Is he very fussy when he "vomits"? if he isnt fussy like he is in pain then you may just be feeding him too much. Try feeding him less more often. for example if he is getting 6 oz every 4 hours try giving him 4 oz ever 2-3hours.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010