Feeding Question

My DD just turned 1. She has 4 teeth all in front of her mouth. I've been feeding her some solid foods but most of the time she refuse to eat foods she has to chew. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get her to eat more solids? Right now she perfers her milk and gerber sitter stage jars.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She'll eat solids when she's ready.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• find foods she likes a taste for my son loved carrots so i did just carrots 4 awhile then started other foods when i felt like he would at least try them
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would try really well cooked noodles that she can pick up with her fingers, banana, avocado. My dd likes rotisserie chicked that I cut up really small for her. Just keep working at it and offering her bits of things to try. My dd was a litle behind on the eating, her refelxes just made it hard for her to take good bites and to swallow things that weren't really easy to smoosh up in her mouth. Your child might just need a bit more time but keep at it and good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• just keep offering all different kinds of foods. one day she may like it, the next not so much. just keep offering.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My Ds has 3 teeth on bottom and 4 teeth on top...He is doing really well with the food we eat but I still give him baby food. I would say keep it smaill and as tender as possible.
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What my family has done for generations is add cereal to one of the child's bottles. A little a first, then gradually make it thicker and thicker, so they get used to the texture of solids. It was worked very well as a transition to solids.
    DYNARAH

Answer by DYNARAH at 2:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2010