What is your favorite memory from childhood?

One of my fondest memories is from the late 80s. My family and I were still stationed in Germany (Air Force parents) and "Asshole," as I call him now, would play and wrestle with my sister (full blood related to him) and me (he adopted me to marry my mother). I really miss those days. I think that things would have been different between us if he chose to stay active in our lives.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was 12. I had been on a four-week trip performing all over Japan with my violin group. I just went with my teachers, my parents couldn't go. We were in Kyoto and we had a day off, meaning we weren't performing and none of the teachers had planned any sightseeing excursions. I was absolutely exhausted after all the work and stress of the previous month and so I told my teacher I wasn't feeling well so she'd just go buzz off and then I snuck down from my own tiny little hotel room to the hotel lobby, where I played Dig Dug for three hours, then I bought some gorgeous fruit and bread from a little grocery right outside the hotel, took it back up to my room and spent the rest of the day in bed, watching incomprehensible Japanese cartoons and game shows, eating, drinking sodas from the vending machine, and sleeping. It was awesome to just do nothing for a change.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

•  

Playing in the rain and swinging in the trees during the upcoming storm.  weeeeeeee   =]

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• gosh... so many. as a family? probably driving to the beach every sunday, in hawaii.

as a whole? it's a toss up between rafting the nile in uganda, with my sister... or going to egypt (senior trip.)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 12:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i was in grade i i really wanted skipping rope,well we just could not afford it ,so my dad made one for me out of binder twine,he braided it for weeks ,when i took it school for first time all the kids in school thought it was cool that my dad made best skipping rope ,good olds days
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When I was younger and had tonsilitis and my dad would sneak me out of the house when my mom was napping to take me to go get ice cream.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Going to San Diego every summer to stay at the Hotel Del Cornado.......and the one special trip when I was 12 when we went to Canada. We drove from Van Nuys (the San Fernando Valley, CA) and visited Oregon and Washington along the way. I started my period on that trip (of all things and great timing) and felt sick like I was going to throw up. And I did........right in the back seat in a bag. Yeah.....Buddy great times! LOL It was a rental that I got sick in not Dad's car!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 1:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Picking wild strawberries, blackberries, rasberries, apples, and pears in the country in Upstate New York.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my dad x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Going to camp every summer
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 3:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010