Pimple like sore near my 2 year old dds privates (TMI for some) adult content

My daughter has a sore of some kind, its bright red and almost looks like a blister or pimple, it doesnt seem to bother her and its been around for about 2 weeks. Any ideas what this could be? Should i call her ped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes, call her pediatrician.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes call the ped, it could be nothing but it could also be herpes
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OK a 2 year old does not have herpes. Yeesh.
    It's possible it's just a pimple. It doesn't seem to bother her, so I'm assuming it's not painful or itchy. Have you tried putting neosporin on it, to see if it diminishes?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my daughter gets them.. i can't remember what the dr called them but they're not harmful to her.. they will pop and bleed but it wont hurt her. if you call the pedi she/he will her you meds to put on it.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Call ped for sure. It could be just a pimple or hair follicle or MRSA presents like that too.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 2:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• it could be herpes... it all depends on where your kiddo has been... it is a transmittable disease... just like MRSA...
    it could also be an infected spot of a yeast infection... my 3 and 2 year olds got them a LOT when they wore any kind of diaper in the summer heat...
    i would call and have it looked at.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Herpes is not just one place that looks like a pimple, its a cluster of blisters. My baby use to get them too nothing to worry about and will go away if it doesn't you might want to take her to the docter to make sure she does'nt have infantigo.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• call her dr
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 2:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would call the doctor and see what they think. Two weeks is a long time to have it hang around.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Ingrown hair? Babies and childrn have superfine hair down there. So, thats possible. or if shes been sweating a lot it could just be a pimple.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010