Was there a teacher you really liked?

One of my favorite teachers was Mr. Walker. He helped me appreciate the classic authors even more than I did. I was really sad when I heard that he'd retired. Maybe he finally went to Walden Pond to ponder simplicity.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The best teacher I ever had was actually a substitute. In the 8th grade my algebra teacher took a long leave of absence to have hip replacement surgery. He was a wonderfully nice man but had lost his spark for teaching long before I became his student. His long-term substitute was Mr. Hagmeier. Not many people in our school liked Mr. Hag (as we called him) but I loved him.

I had always struggled with numbers (which was why I was in my second year of algebra). His first rule was no calculators. We were only allowed to use our calculators for certain assignments. This terrified me but he had managed to find the perfect way to explain math so that everything made sense and on the occasions when it didn't, he never balked at assisting someone individually or hanging out after school to provide extra help.

Math never was as easy as it had been in my 8th grade class. I missed his teaching methods once I hit high school.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• In the 8th grade I had a teacher named Mr. Willis who taught English....He was such a wonderful and sensitive man.....He used to read out loud to us, during slow times, and I loved that....One of the things I remember is that he read us a scene from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn that always made him cry......He told us he originally was majoring in philosophy but fell in love and switched his major to English because it was more practical so that he could get married......
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• mrs wheeler was my teach way back in high school she just wasn't a teacher but a good friend she taught us the we become anything if we just belive in our self
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• In high school I had a wonderful english teacher Mrs. Nibbly. She was one of the most kind and compassionate woman I had ever met. She also was a somewhat serious person and everyone said no one could ever make her laugh. When he came to 2nd hour English Mrs. Nibbly was falling out of her chair with laughter! She believed in me when others didn't.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES But I don't have just one! Mrs. Walton for Kindergarten, Mrs. O' Brien for 1st grade, Mrs. Bryne for 6th grade
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 1:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010