At what age do you take the crib bumper out?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 12:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i never had it in because i heard it was dangerous... it could come undone and harm them
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I took my crib bumper out when my DS was 6 months old because he started standing in the crib and standing on that to see over the side and he was ruining it....otherwise im not really sure when the "right" time is...I think whenever you think you and the baby are ready.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When the baby can stand up and possibly use it to stand on and fall out. Pretty early on, really. Lots of articles I have read say to skip it altogether because it is an unnecessary danger as they can suffocate if they roll over and sleep with their face against it.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 1:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I still have it in she is 7 months.. She doesn't stand in the crib yet though...I would say then I would.
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son is 14 months and I still have it in. He stands in the crib but never steps on the bumper. I'll probably take it out when we change the crib to a toddler bed.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I took mine out when my DS turned a year cause of standing and rolling all over and now he likes to look out his window and call the deer. It is the cutest thing.
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I never used one because it felt unneccesary and I know there are safety concerns, but if you DO use one I'd take it out once the baby is big enough to pull up. Baby could use it as the extra leverage they need to fall right out of their crib!
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We took our son's out when he could pull himself to standing in the crib around 5 months. You want to take it out before they're tempted to use it to climb.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• never put one in - dangerous.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Never used one. Not worth the risk, imo!
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 10:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010