Does you LO wear a diaper specifically made for night time for bed time?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 12:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Right now we in the process of potty training so i buy those nighttime underpants but i have tried buy nighttime diapers when he was smaller i didnt see much difference in them and the regular diapers
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes he is 22 months and he has been for a while because he tends to leak really easily out of the normal ones sometimes he even leaks the night time ones...but other times he does not... they are thicker and supposed to hold more
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No,I dont see the difference between them and regular ones, they're more expensive and I think they're a waste of money. My daughter only peed ALL the way out of a diaper only a few times.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When my daughter was still taking a bottle or cup at night I used night time diapers because she would be soaked otherwise but as soon as she stopped needing a drink to go to bed we stopped.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 12:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES!!! Both did/do! My kids seem to pee A LOT at night and night time Huggies/Pullups are the ONLY thing that holds it all WITHOUT leaking
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Nope, same diaper. Right now she is outgrowing her size 4 diapers but I just bought a box so I have some to use up. I put her in a 5 at night right now because the 4 just doesn't cut it, during the day it's ok because I can changer her a little more often that usual so she won't leak. But once I use up the rest of the old diapers she will just wear a size 5 for day and night.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No. I've always taken her potty at night or changed her at night as a newborn. I stopped using diapers at night at all around 7 or 8 months.

If she wasn't diaper free I'd either change her once a night if she was wet halfway through or woke up soaked, or leave her naked on top of a prefold and change that to a dry one without moving her. If she soaked in the morning after a dry night I'd head it off and potty first thing.

I don't agree with going all night in a soiled diaper. I wouldn't want to sleep that way personally. It increases the chance of diaper rash and can often make night potty training much more difficult of they are used to it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010