can my daughter eat raisins?

What's the rule of thumb on raisins? My mom says to try it but im still worried she'll just try and swallow it and choke.

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 1:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I gave them to my son shortly after he turned two, but I watched him closely to see how he handled it. I would judge how well she chews foods in general, if she's pretty good with most textures it may be fine. Also, I make sure that they aren't sticking together so he just gets one at a time.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Tell her that she needs to chew them good. Offer them to her & stay close the first couple of times she eats them to make sure she doesn't choke.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'd cut them in half, so if she does just swallow then it won't make any difference. But yes, she can have them if you want to give them to her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A lot of people say not to, but my son (almost 3) loves them. Just stay close and make sure she chews well and doesn't choke. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son Loves raisins! He's always asking for a "piece of raisin please" He had them first when he was around 15 months.

Answer by missanc at 1:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my 2 year olds love raisins and prunes and stuff like that i think its good for them...
    proudmomma0708

Answer by proudmomma0708 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Some kids are ready and some arent. I suggest trying it. My daugher is 16 months and does fine with them.....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would wait until she really had her molars and knows to chew things thoroughly, and watch her closely.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010