do you think a father should change a baby girl's diaper?

me and my boyfriend always have the same argument involving the changing of our daughters diaper. he says he doesn't feel right because shes a girl? i say it shouldn't matter because that's your child and all your doing is changing a diaper i don't know if that's his way of getting out of it or if that's really how he feels.

Mamii0f2

Asked by Mamii0f2 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Changing yes I think he should do that. It is his responsibility as well. Although I do understand why he would feel that way. There are so many things going on now days about sexual abuse of children I would understand his fear of changing a girls diaper. If he does feel this way then have him change her with you there that way if you go out and he is the only person with her then he wont feel so weird changing her. Best of luck for you and I hope this helps.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Really?? does that mean I didn't have to change my son>?? tell him to get over it - its his DAUGHTER... there is nothing perverted when it comes to keeping your baby clean and germ free to prevent infections.. its his JOB also....don't let him get away with that...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes I think all parents should change their childs diaper no matter what gender they are. In fact when I had my daughter that was my husbands job because I was nursing and it was one of the only ways he could help and feel involved.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It is no different then a mother changing her son! It is something that HAS to be done .. she is his DAUGHTER. not some random little kid. She is his responsibility.
    sgt.youngs.wife

Answer by sgt.youngs.wife at 1:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Of course. Sounds like he just doesn't want to be on "diaper duty."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES he should change her diaper! And he may feel a lil strange at first but he should get over it... if he doesnt, something is definetly wrong with him or his just being an ass lol good luck! :)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My personal view is dads should be hands on parents and that includes changing diapers and doing some of the not so fun/not so pleasant tasks. Does not matter if baby is a boy or girl, if the diaper is dirty and dad is right there dad should change it.
    Hmmm kind of makes me wonder what he would say if the baby was a boy, would he change the diaper or find some other excuse to get out of it?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Of course he can change it! Seems lazy to me. My bil was the same way, he said he couldn't wipe his daughter's little who-who. So let her sit in pee all day?? Your bf is going to have to do it someday!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son changes my grandaughters diapers~~In fact he changed the very first one cause DIL had a c-section~~And boy was I proud of him! :)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yah he should. It's 50/50..
    everydaymom08

Answer by everydaymom08 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010