HAVE YOU EVER BEEN HOMELESS? (going anonymous because I don't want any pitty)

I have been homeless 4 times in my life. I admit I made bad choices: mostly trusting in men....then had to run with my kids to avoid further abuse. I have worked my tail off to not be homeless again....but you can only do so much. God/fate does the rest.

Has anyone else been homeless? Please - no judging anyone! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yes. I don't remember how many times as a child, due to my own mothers bad choices and maybe sometimes bad luck i don't know which for sure i was just a kid, it was probably both. She tried to make it fun and keep it up beat at first but as i got older when these times came it got harder and harder to cope with. I hope my children never have to live like that. what a blessing a place to rest your head is!

beeluvin

Answer by beeluvin at 11:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• you should never fell guilty or a shame we have been there if was not for my mother in law i would been on the streets yrs ago
    i can no longer work due to back pains and my hip pops out ever time i walk or stand ,so we take what we can with jobs yes some of them are not what we like but you can only stick with it till you can not stand the job no more ,hang in there at the end of rainbow there will be hope and house for you
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No but I've stayed in bad situation a few times to avoid being homeless, because I have come very very close. A good friend of mine currently lives in her car, it's not her fault she just doesn't have the support that she needs.

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Have you ever seen the movie the pursuit of happyness? If not, and you get the chance you really should watch it. When you have a no support- life can become a spiral of no money, no job, no home. It's not your fault as long as your trying your hardest. And you're not the only person. I visited a homeless shelter over the weekend, and there were 10 moms with children living there at the time.

I am assuming that you're not in that situation anymore because you're on a computer, but I hope things get better for you and your children soon.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• There have been times I have lived with family, because it was all I could do at the time. Some people consider that homeless, some don't. So, I guess it depends on how you look at it. Thank God, I have never been in a situation where I could not turn to family.
    Anonymous

• When I was younger and it was because of bad choice my mother made regarding men and drinking. It left an impression on me and has made me stronger and more determined as an adult. You will get through this, just make sure your kids are OK.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh heavens yes my family has been homeless a few times growing up it was really hard on poor mom and dad. We lived at campland for awhile in a tent, and then again in 6 ft trailer with 6 people in it.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am actually facing that right now and am scared to death. I am ill equiped to survive. If you ahve any advise please pm me. i don't want to get into more here for privacy sake.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Not as an adult, but growing up we were for almost a month. We lived in a campground.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No
    momof2gingers

Answer by momof2gingers at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010