Is anybody thinking about Thanksgiving yet?

My mom and I have the whole meal planned out already.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• Well every year it's the same meal plan, just different places, and people. So not really. Last year we had it at my Grandma's house so I didn't have to do anything but show up. However this year I'm hosting it, but I've hosted it before and it will be the same meal.... If anyone wants to bring anything extra they're more than welcome to do so.

I'll be making Turkey
    Greenbean Casserole
    stuffing
    an assortment of pies
    banana pudding
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet dinner rolls
    Chili Beans
    I was debating making a small ham too...
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I sure am! Lol, I am pregnant, and right now I am in a phase of thinking of nothing but food, so oh yeah! I have definitely been thinking about that Dinner!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I am trying to find out how many are coming so I can plan the menu!

Answer by older at 1:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yep, I called the other day to see about ordering our organic, free-range turkey :) It will probably be just us for Thanksgiving, and we only have one refrigerator, so we won't be going overboard.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yep. We don't even care about dinner this year, we want to bring DD to the macys day parade in NYC! :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, I am lol. I am so excited for the holidays! I'm trying to figure out who we will be inviting for Thanksgiving dinner, if anyone. Normally we have a big dinner with our friends since DH is military and we live 3000 miles from our families, but a lot of our friends have moved so it looks like it will just be us and 1 or 2 other families. Which is fine by me lol. I will still cook all the foods I love to cook. I love spending all of Thanksgiving morning cooking, and then relax with friends over a good homecooked meal in the evening.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My family has done Thanksgiving lunch at noon since I was a baby, so I just have to find out what to bring and where we're going. Very organized, which is nice! As for my in laws, nothing is ever organized. I've tried for 12 years to help get every thing together and figure out who's bringing what. No one ever remembers or shows up on time, or brings what they say they will. They always want to bring bread or some random dessert they bought. So hopefully this year we can do our own thing and have a PEACEFUL Thanksgiving!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• nope dont celebrate it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, its about this time of year I begin to feel overwhelmed :/
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes, because my MIL cannot physically do it anymore so the family is sharing the responsibility and figuring out who will bring what.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010