Why not a Bachelor of Arts degree?

I was going to go Bachelor of Science with Zoology as my major but decided I'd rather not go so challenging and find something more laid back for now. Many of my family say not to do the BA. I don't see why not...
What do you think?

sherwins.girl

Asked by sherwins.girl at 1:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A BA isn't much different than a BS. Go with what you want to do. In the end, as long as you have your degree, it wont matter much!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I just really don't want all that math and science. I really want to be a Vet Tech but there is not program for that where we currently live. Now when we move if there's one, I'm going! Even with a BA..
    sherwins.girl

Comment by sherwins.girl (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What do you want to do with your zoology degree? BA's are good if you plan on teaching, writing, or some sort of artistic endeavor. If you plan on working with animals, a BS would make much more sense and help you get a better job.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If I went the BS route, for here it would basically be Pre-Vet. I just don't know that that's what I want to do though. Math and science are not my best areas. I have always wanted to be a tech though.
    With the BA I think that maybe teaching ceramics or art would be fun. Or opening a shop or photography business. It's kind of sad, I'm almost 30 and still don't know what to do with myself lol
    Should've figured it out before I had kids I guess...
    sherwins.girl

Comment by sherwins.girl (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Nothing wrong with BA's. I have one in social studies. Soon to have Masters of arts of in history.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010