Today is my m.i.l b-day should we blow it off? since she didnt even call my hubby on his b-day last month!

my mother in law is a real b*tch she didnt even call my hubby for his b-day and still hasnt, even though it was two months ago. so should we do the same on her b-day today oct.30.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Lol nope, call the bitch and hope that it makes her feel bad for not calling. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No way! "Kill" her with kindness by calling is my advice! Make sure to say her age a few times ... "I just cannot belive you are [AGE}", "you look so good for being [AGE], "your son and I were trying to figure out what year you were actually born in, and once we used a calculator we came up with [YEAR OF BIRTH], is that right?; etc. (Little over the top at the end, but I know exactly how you feel, and as a Mother, that is completely beyond me ~ no matter the circumstances!)

Don't lower yourself to her level by not calling.
    RockyMtnMom3

Answer by RockyMtnMom3 at 4:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• RockyMtnMom3 - right on!

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would just do something nice for her...two wrongs dont make a right. Seriously, its her birthday, no one likes to not have some kind of acknowledgement. :)
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 5:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree, call her and tell her "Happy Birthday". You don't want to act like she does, and you'll be the better person.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 6:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would send a card or call if I really wanted to. Otherwise, forget it. You don't need to get into it really. Let him decide about himelf. Sounds like the less contact with MIL, the better. I used to wish things were different, but I decided to simplify my life. I waited until it started to effect my kids. Hope you don't wait that long.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Just call her and tell her "Happy Birthday" and then send her a birthday card-I hope they still have it! We got one for my MIL and it stated, something to the effect "Be happy you aren't this old AND Pregnant!"!!! We got this card for my MIL on her birthday and sent it out(so it would reach her in time) right before we found out we were pregnant w/our first child!! HAHA!!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Seriously sometimes two wrongs do make a right. I would totally call her and put emphasis on her age. Like oh my you are this many years old. Damn I didn't realize how old you were. Blah,blah, blah - it's good to get back at people and let them know that they if they mess with you you can dish it out also!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you really think she's nasty, then i guess not. But if you don't really think that (and your hubby doesn't either) then I'd call her. No use "getting back".
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008