Best Gift

What was the best gift you were given at your baby shower? Or what was the most useful thing you got? Favorite thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my rocker chair I think is going to be one of the most useful. we got like half a year's supply of wipes....and the homemade blankets and things like that were the most touching....I loved it!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 4:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I loved my Boppy pillow! I used that a lot. But the blanket my mom crocheted for me was my fave!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i didn't get anything i wanted at my babyshower thats inlaws for you lol but my mother bought me a rockin chair right before she was born
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Most useful- Boppy pillow, diaper genie (I keep it in my bedroom for middle of the night changings), onsies, bouncy chair...I bought my own rocking chair from Walmart the day before I delivered for 129 dollars, useful, but space consuming. A lifetime supply of baby wash and shampoo..

I recieved SO MANY washclothes- I wanted to give some away. I use them everyday for spit up, wiping baby and her chair down after meal times, snot wiper.. great great use!!

Least useful- pacifiers, homemade blankets (very touching I agree, but store bought thin cotton ones for swaddling I found most useful), baby towels- I find they are too thin, regular towels work better, baby bath robes- really- dont see a need...And I have so many of those sun-window cover things for the car- I have one car people!!

You will find a use for most of your gifts.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• the little bouncy chair. she loved it from day one and still loves it at four months. also diapers of course.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• tummy time mat
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I put a few expensive things (highchair, bedding set, crib, dresser, etc) on my registry just so I would have easy access to find them when I was ready to buy them, and then cheaper stuff like blankets, bottles, etc for people to actually buy for the shower. When I went online to buy my crib and dresser, everything had been bought up. So I'd say that was the most helpful. OH- and giftcards! Our son was born on time, but he was very little (5.5lbs), so we had to run out to the store the day we came home to buy preemie clothes and diapers. Plus, things that you never thought of will come up, so it's good to have giftcards on hand... You also get the added bonus of being able to call the person who gave it to you and telling them how much it saved your rear!
    nickygsmommy

Answer by nickygsmommy at 11:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• A few baby shower gifts that are my favorite to receive/give: boppy breastfeeding pillow, breastfeeding supplies, diapers and wipes, cases of bottled water, boxes of individually wrapped healthy snacks, and frozen pre-cooked meals (I am expecting my fourth child, and some of my baby showers have been "food showers"!)
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 1:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• the portable changing bad thing that has little pockets for a couple diapers and a pack of wipes. and it all folded up into handbag-size. it was a lifesaver when we were visiting places that didn't have changing tables, and I used it on changing tables as well.
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 1:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• most useful: diaper genie and bouncer

things i would have like to get: more scrapbooking materials, photo albums, those little clay hand print things, picture frames (just things to help remember everything)

=]
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 1:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008