I had to put my dd in daycare

so i could go back to work and every day i bring her home she is fussy why do u think that is do u think it is because maybe she is just tired and cranky she is only 2 months old please help

babycheyenne

Asked by babycheyenne at 10:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Those places don't take time out for little ones at this age. They mainly let them cry it out alot. Its sad. She is probably upset cause she was'nt getting the attention she needs and no one took care of her. STAY HOME!!!
    Anonymous

• Ignore the stupid "annonymous" trolls. I know you would stay home if you could. Obviously, you can't.

There could be several problems. She could be getting too much stimulation - too much noise, activity, etc. - and she just is overloaded.
    She could not be getting the rest she needs - maybe she wants 4 naps and is only getting 3.

Regardless of the reason, I'd suggest you spend a little extra quite time with her in the evening. Help her calm down and regroup. Then, before her bedtime, turn the lights down if you can, snuggle in a rocking chair, and read her a story or two and sing her a lullaby.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Also you can try and find home daycares who are checked and sponsered through the state and have to get vigorus tests and home vists, and they only have aruond 5 children in there home, check it out and see
    SavannahMoMHC2

Answer by SavannahMoMHC2 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• eh, I dunno.....maybe she's still getting used to being there. If she's out her normal routine maybe that could cause her to be that way?
    cstashu

Answer by cstashu at 10:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Make sure you are very comfortable with the people who take care of her, if there is something you don't like, find someone else, sometimes stay at home moms would like to help out financially and would be much more likely to love and nuture your baby, and then of course, spend time, time, time, holding, touching, massaging, talking to her, you're her Mom and she loves hearing you:-) Good luck!
    raawmom

Answer by raawmom at 12:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Which daycare does she go to? I've been to several daycares and I have issues with a few of them. My daughter never got used to daycare so I had to find some way to stay home with her. She was constantly sick and always crying. Your daughter might still be trying to get adjusted to the daycare, new faces, new babies, new routines, new toys, new way of life, etc. I'm sure it's normal. I know it's hard, but if you have to work and send her daycare, just give her a little bit of time to get used to it.
    Mom2BaileyAlyse

Answer by Mom2BaileyAlyse at 12:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008