Nocturnal Stridor???

My son is developing well, (born at 8llbs 15oz now 18llbs and 67cm at 4 months). He is alert and learning just beyond expected development. However I felt that when he was born he made strange noises whilst breastfeeding which sounded like he was struggling to breath properly... this has since subsided however he now has what I can only describe as stridor, which only seems to appear at night whilst he is sleeping. It is getting worse and usually comes about when he is on his back. It is intermittent but a typical cycle is 15 minutes of raspy throaty breathing on inhaling, (air coming out of nose mouth usually shut). then at the end a long deep in take of breath which almost sounds hoarse. The nocturnal stridor has been going on for about a month and a half. What could I be looking at and why is this just at night when he's sleeping on his back - when he's on his back playing I don't hear this noise.

HamishsMum

Asked by HamishsMum at 4:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tonsils maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• take him to the doctor. They will do a sleep test if they feel it is necessary.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2008